When Walt Disney's daughters begged him to make a movie based on their favourite book, P.L. Travers's Mary Poppins, he made them a promise – one that he didn't realise would take 20 years to keep. SAVING MR. BANKS is a biographical drama about Disney’s quest to obtain the rights to the book from an uncompromising, curmudgeonly writer, who has no intention of letting her beloved magical nanny get mauled by the Hollywood machine. It is only when he reaches into his own childhood that Disney discovers the truth about the ghosts that haunt Travers, and together they set Mary Poppins free to ultimately make one of the most endearing films in cinematic history.
Biography, Comedy, Drama, Family, Historical and Music
Cast & Credits
- Director: John Lee Hancock
- Producer: Alison Owen, Ian Collie, Philip Steuer
- Screenplay: Kelly Marcel, Sue Smith
- Cinematographer: John Schwartzman A.s.c.
- Editor: Mark Livolsi A.C.E
- Composer: Thomas Newman
- Cast (in alphabetical order): Annie Rose Buckley, B.J. Novak, Bradley Whitford, Colin Farrell, Colin Farrell, Emma Thompson, Jason Schwartzman, Kathy Baker, Paul Giamatti, Rachel Griffiths, Ruth Wilson, Tom Hanks
Adult References and Violence 12+
Wed, 11 Dec 2013, 04:00 PM