HOW TO APPLY
The DFC accepts film projects in development that have not yet begun production/principal photography. Please refer to Enjaaz for projects in post - production.
- All applications must have a director and a producer attached.
- Directors must be of Arab nationality or origin - Arab nationality or Origin shall mean people from one or more of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
- The producer can be of any nationality.
- Directors must have previous directing experience – short films, features, tv dramas etc.
- Producers should have a track record in production. International co-production experience is an advantage but not mandatory.
The project must be either fiction or documentary:
- Fiction projects must be feature length films intended for theatrical distribution.
- Documentary projects must be feature leangth “creative documentaries”. Creative in this instance shall mean that the documentary expresses the personal vision of the director. For full definition see FAQs.
Projects will be accepted at any stage of development but they must be ready to be presented and discussed with potential partners.
Material to be submitted
- A completed application form, which is available on the website
- Synopsis of 1- 2 pages
- Full treatment (8-10 pages) for fiction and documentary features
- Full script for fiction features
- Director’s motivation/visual concept
- Director’s biography
- Producer’s biography
- Company profile(s)
- Budget outline
- Finance plan
- Director’s previous work. Examples of the director's previous work can be sent via an online link to email@example.com. Otherwise, please send us four copies of a DVD containing sample(s) of the director’s previous work by courier.
Scripts ONLY will be accepted in Arabic, French and English. All other requested written materials must be submitted in English. All filmed works must be available with English subtitles.
All DVDs must be sent by courier.
PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Fill out the on-line application form and attach requested documents.
- Send any DVDs (4 copies) by courier to the following address:
Attention: Dubai Film Connection
Dubai International Film Festival, Dubai Media City
Bldg. 2 (CNN), First Floor, P.O. Box 502600, Dubai, UAE
Telephone: +971 4 3676710
Note: remove the P.O. Box number if your courier company will only deliver to a street address.
Please mention “without commercial value, for cultural purposes only” and mark “no value” or not more than “US $10” on the pro-forma invoice.
All shipping costs are the responsibility of the applicant.
Submitted materials will not be returned.