HOW TO APPLY
Submissions Now Closed
The IWC Schaffhausen Filmmaker Award accepts fiction film projects in development that have not yet begun production/principal photography.
- All applications must have a director and a producer attached. The director and producer of the project cannot be the same person.
- Directors must be a national of a country that is a member of the Gulf Cooperation Council (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia or United Arab Emirates)
- The producer can be of any nationality.
- Directors must have previous directing experience – short films, features, TV dramas, TV commercials etc.
- Producers should have a track record in production.
The Film Project
- The film project must be a feature-length (exceeds 75 minutes) fiction film intended for theatrical distribution.
- The film project must be in an advanced stage of development.
Material to be submitted
All submission materials must be provided in English. The script only can be in either Arabic or English
- A completed application form, which is available on the website
- Synopsis of 1- 2 pages
- Full treatment (8-10 pages)
- Full script
- Director’s motivation/visual concept
- Director’s biography
- Producer’s biography
- Company profile(s)
- Budget outline
- Finance plan
- Director’s previous work. Online links to short films. Otherwise, please send us four copies of a DVD containing sample(s) of the director’s previous work by courier.
Scripts ONLY will be accepted in Arabic and English. All other requested written materials must be submitted in English. All filmed works must be available with English subtitles.
All DVDs must be sent by courier
PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Fill out the on-line application form and upload the requested documents
- Send any DVDs (4 copies) by courier to the following address:
Attention: IWC Award
Dubai International Film Festival
Dubai Media City, DMC 2 (CNN Building)
1st floor - Management Office
Al Sofouh Street
(P.O. Box 502600)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971 4 367 6710 Fax: +971 4 367 2892
Note: remove the P.O. Box number if your courier company will only deliver to a street address.
Please mention “without commercial value, for cultural purposes only” and mark “no value” or not more than “US $10” on the pro-forma invoice.
All shipping costs are the responsibility of the applicant.
Submitted materials will not be returned.
Submissions Now Closed